Saturday 23 November 2013

Incomplete Miscarriage?

It doesn't sound good, does it?

The dilation & curettage ("d&c") which I had almost 4 weeks ago (28/10/2013) didn't seem to clear my womb...at least not completely. I have been spotting ever since. It does worry me as I've read somewhere that this spotting should not exceed 2 weeks after the d&c, the max. Infections were my only thoughts...

Dr Chung did a vaginal ultrasound this morning and we saw a mass (which Dr said doesn't look like fetal tissues) on one side of my womb. Whatever that is, it certainly must have caused my non-stop spotting. After much hesitation, Dr mentioned molar pregnancy! I just couldn't believe my ears! He then did a tummy scan but we were unable to see anything as my bladder wasn't full and my womb is tilted backwards ("retroverted uterus"). I just couldn't concentrate at all anyway. My mind just wasn't there.

To rule out molar pregnancy, bloods were drawn to check on my hCG levels. I know things must be bad when I received a call from the clinic at 6pm. To my horror, my hCG levels are more than 100 mIU/ml! I was asked to return to the clinic in 3 days' time (26/11/2013) instead of the scheduled 1 week. I'm devastated...

It's always been my dream to have children of my own. I want to be a mother. The d&c has taken away my 4th angel. I'd miscarried at 10 weeks (from my 3rd fresh IVF cycle)...the furthest I've gone in pregnancy thus far.

I must stay strong...and have faith...


No comments:

Post a Comment