Wednesday 27 November 2013

Post Dilation & Curettage

Yesterday came and left...

I still remember my heart was pounding so fast when I saw the call from Dr Chung's clinic at 5.35pm to inform me of my hCG level. I know I just couldn't take another bad news...

Dr Chung did a thorough vaginal scan yesterday morning. He is of the view that the mass [which is located at the spot where a cornual pregnancy would take place] is likely to be the leftover placental tissues and it has embedded very deep into the uterine lining. So much so, there is only about 0.35cm of the thickness of the uterine lining left. If it goes any deeper, it may penetrate into the muscular tissues outside my womb. It would be difficult to have it scraped off with another dilation & curettage ("d&c") as it may injure my womb. *sigh* I can only hope that this mass will shed off on its own very soon.

Alas, it was not such a bad news after all. My hCG level has decreased to 59 mIU/ml at 4w2d post d&c (from an earlier 108 mIU/ml at 3w6d). I will have to be monitored from now onwards until my hCG level drops to 0. I am so looking forward to move on...

Meanwhile, I have to continue eating healthy and stay healthy.

Tomorrow will be a brighter day...I'm sure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment