Tuesday 15 April 2014

Pregnancy Symptoms

It is always great to have at least some of the pregnancy symptoms as I'm sure it gives such good assurance to every pregnant lady that their little ones are doing fine. The same goes to me.

When achieving a pregnancy alone is so very difficult, it leaves me with not much room to complain about any pregnancy symptoms that I have. I almost feel guilty to even mention it! Ha!

Well, the first thing I'd experienced is the lower backache. I had it even before I did my beta test! I didn't give much thought about it until I'm tested positive. I still have it now. My lower back aches when I brush my teeth, when I sit/stand for too long, when I change from sitting to standing position or vice versa, when I bend myself to pick up the lightest thing, or when I am simply walking. So, I know I have to be very careful not to stress my lower back. No heavy laundry baskets or groceries etc...probably nothing heavier than 5kg?

Then I have morning sickness which kicks in at just shy of 6 weeks. I feel constantly queasy and nauseous the whole day, everyday. From the moment I woke up, it lingers on until I finally go to bed. Sometimes I feel it even when I wake up in the middle of the night to use the toilet and it makes it so much harder to get back to sleep after that. I have not vomited though. I lose my appetite and I couldn't stomach most of my favourite foods anymore.  I could only eat some very selected foods which includes soup noodles, dry noodles, porridge, chicken and fruits (luckily!). Ginger doesn't look (and taste!) appealing anymore. Fish and brocollis (and now garlic!) taste so weird and almost...yucky! Lately, I find that the queasiness fades a little in the mornings. I simply try to eat and drink all that I could stomach in the mornings then. Anyway, however bad I am feeling, I must admit that I am happy that I still feel sick (I must be crazy!) and I know I'll go paranoid once all these queasiness disappear! Haha! I can handle this sickness...yes, I surely can! :)

There is this bloating too. My stomach looks fine in the mornings as I can only see my own tummy fats! Hehe! But towards the afternoons, it gets bloated so much that it really looks like a bump. Of course, I know it's only fluids and wind.

Constipation! It's not that bad actually. I'll get constipated maybe about once in a week? So, I'm good! ;)

My breasts do feel a bit tender to the touch and maybe a little sore/swollen at times but nothing unbearable.

I feel tired and exhausted all the time...but well, maybe not exactly tired. It's more like feeling bored and lazy because I'm at home most of the time! I couldn't imagine how 'strict bedrest' would make a person! I'll definitely go crazy!

Frequent urination is also one of the pregnancy symptoms. But I would think it's also due to the amount of water that I consume everyday. I will have to make one or two trips to the toilet every night. I wouldn't mind at all as long as I could get back to sleep...but sometimes the queasiness really got the better of me.

I also have this increased sense of smell. One of the few that I hate most is the smell of cigarettes! I will turn away every time I smell it from hubby's breath! Yikes! Then, I'd almost choked myself every time while cutting raw meat/chicken. Haha!

I wouldn't say I enjoy all these symptoms...but I want them to stay, at least until the end of the first trimester, so I could have peace of mind. These symptoms somehow give me great confidence that this pregnancy will be just fine.

Oh well, the joys of being pregnant! ;)


"You never understand life...until it grows inside you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment