Wednesday 9 April 2014

Spotting/Bleeding

The sky looks quite moody right now. Me too...

I do not know how to describe my feelings at the moment. I want to get all excited and happy...but the fact is, I am so worried every day. Can I blame it on the hormones?

I started to have some spotting on and off since 20/3/2014. It could be a very very light tint of pink/brown or brown or red! Then I had a real scare on 27/3/2014 after work. I felt myself gushing blood and within just 4 hours, I had soaked the whole pantiliner with bright red blood! I got paranoid!

The next morning, I called Sunfert while on my way to work. By the time I got through, I was already at my office. The nurse who answered my call asked me to lie down and rest. I kept asking if I should see Dr Wong but she said I should rest at home and not work that day. She also reminded me to get the Proluton Depot shots on the specified days as instructed. I knew there's nothing much they could do but I just got so scared. Luckily the bleed had tapered to red spotting then.

Until today, I am still spotting on and off. On a good day, there will probably be just one drop of blood the whole day. Otherwise, I'll have a bit of a mess on my liners. However minimal the bleed is, my mind just couldn't settle itself.

The scans showed some blood in the uterus but Dr Wong said that I should be fine as there is very little blood and it will resolve.

I remember so clearly how I have bled for 4 weeks prior to my miscarriage last October. The fear of losing this pregnancy is just so strong. Even hubby refused to talk about this pregnancy if the discussion could be avoided. Superstitious you may say, but after all that we've been through, I'm not so sure myself. Am I forbidden to write anything now? Is it too early to talk?

Well, suffice to say now that everything is good so far, except for the spotting/bleeding, and our scans at 6 weeks and 8 weeks detected strong heartbeats. Measurements have been on track thus far.

Will I get to buy myself some maternity clothes this time? I hope all is well. Everything crossed for an uneventful pregnancy!

I'm not a religious person...but please say a little prayer for me...

2 comments:

  1. Hey it's all right dear ... You know what ...in one month itself I had serious bleeding for 3 times!! Till when I walked red flesh blood flow out from my legs and drop to the floor and I was wearing skirt. The very first time was on 26 march and I dragged myself to dr wong clinic and holding my tears when reached his clinic. When the nurse scan and I could hear my embryo heart beat for the very first time I burst cry and cry like a little child. Because I thought I'm gonna loss all my babies ... 2nd times I was freaked out as alots of blood clot came out n again went to see dr wong. 3rd time was last Monday where I bleed till admitted to hospital due to major internal bleeding and in pain till can't walk and uterus swollen. Dr gave me 3 months mc and ask me to bed rest if possible. But I should say I'm lucky that babies still r strong and heart beat faster than usual. It's all right .. As dr says it's quite common for ivf patient :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HoneyMilk Ice,
    I am shivering as I read your comment and I have tears in my eyes. You are really the strong one! It must be really really hard on you. Please limit your movements ya. I think we will both be alright! Our babies are fighters! ;)

    ReplyDelete