Wednesday 5 March 2014

Surviving the Two Week Wait

TWO WEEK WAIT...I have gone through these moments too many times. Sigh...but this is the first time I have decided to take a full 2 weeks medical leave from work.

I've never intended to have strict bed rest but maybe just this once, I'll try not to move about too much. There will still be exercises for me...well, going up and down the stairs! Haha! But that's about it.

I drink loads and loads of water every day (3 to 4 litres) and took my vitamins and medications timeously. Since I'm on leave, I do the pessaries insert vaginally and rest even more each time. I still have 2 vials of Proluton Depot 250mg left, one to be injected tomorrow (6/3/2014) and one on 9/3/2014. Never to forget those.

Water rationing has started and my house area is affected. Earlier, from 10/2/2014 to 27/2/2014, we didn't have water supply due to the ammonia pollution in Sungai Langat which resulted in the closure of two water treatment plants in Cheras Batu 11 and Bukit Tampoi. Our residence at Sungai Long survived only with water distributed by the Syabas water trucks every day (or every other day), although they were never on time.

Now, with this water rationing...we will enjoy water for 2 days and go without water for the next 2 days. This will continue until end of March should Mr Rain decides not to show up still. :(

I feel really bad for not being able to help to collect water. Those pails are just too heavy for me! I just do not want to risk anything. There was a time when my neighbours came to help my mother-in-law with the water while I hid inside the house! I felt totally ashamed of myself but I just couldn't tell my neighbours why I couldn't help. Sigh...

I was constipated for the first 2 days after the embryo transfer. It was so uncomfortable but I didn't push it. I took dried prunes (about 5 to 6 daily) thereafter and it does the trick!

The craze for ginger egg soup was so great that I had them 2 days in a row immediately after the transfer. However, I'd freaked out after that as I've then read that ginger could actually caused uterine contraction?! Hopefully no damage was done. I just love ginger!

I also eat at least 4 egg whites (100% cooked) every day for the protein intake. As for the rest of my meals, I try to eat in moderation of most things. My mom is so sweet, she will bring me dinner everyday so I could have at least one home-cooked meal a day. Sometimes I'll make myself simple scallop porridge for lunch. I try to stuff myself with avocados too but it's just so difficult to wait for them to ripen.

I still eat take-away hawker food in the mornings and sometimes lunch but I am avoiding oily and fried food as much as possible. Mostly soup noodles and nothing raw, no raw eggs especially.

I wear socks and use the heat pack on my feet every night. No warmer of any sort on my tummy though.

I do silly things like calculating my due date and talking to my little bubs inside me. Haha! But thoughts that I am actually pregnant (until proven otherwise!) makes me very happy. It creates positive energy, so why not? :D

No symptoms of any sort right now. I'm trying very hard not to over-analysis every minute feeling I'm experiencing. It'll drive me crazy. For all I know, it could just be all the pumped hormones that's still left inside my system.

Now, what else is there to do before I go insane?

No comments:

Post a Comment